Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Kareen first time talking about Saif - Sahid!


MAIN apni favourite hoon . The line from Jab We Met , some say, describes Bollywood diva Kareena Kapoor the best. Almost 10 years after she started with J. P. Dutta's Refugee , the divalicious beauty from Bollywood's first family declares to Koel: " Even today whichever film is made in the industry is offered to me first." As she gets snug on Koel's red couch, the actress gets candid about all the accolades and accusations that come with the territory for a superstar, talks about her childhood love ( movies), and the love of her life ( Saif Ali Khan).
Explaining her position in an industry where heroines hardly have a screen life beyond seven or eight years, Kapoor believes if an actress has more than just a pretty face and smile to depend on, she will get roles post 30. " If you can act and prove yourself, roles will come your way," she says with certainty.
That movies come to her without her having to do much doesn't mean she has always had it easy.
" I have made some good choices, some bad ones. But that's how I have learnt." About her Diwali release, the third installment of the super- hit Golmaal series, she says: " This time I signed the film only after Rohit ( Shetty, the producer) showed a script where I had a more significant role than in the previous one." Speaking about working in an industry that's male- dominated, Kareena says the one rule that has always helped her push her career forward is to give importance to directors. " I work with directors, not actors; who the actor is is just incidental," she says. But she does agree that a lot of money rides on the four Khans. About working with her ex- boyfriend Shahid Kapoor, she says candidly: " I'd love to work with him because our on- screen chemistry is great. But I think people don't approach us anymore because they find it awkward to bring up the topic." A topic that's banned around Saif and Kareena is ' Saifeena' — the brand that has a huge market value. " We both have strong individual identities, and we avoid as much of this topic as possible," she says. But what she doesn't have a problem about is discussing how good looking her beau is.
On being asked whether she prefers Saif clean- shaven or with a stubble, she says, " What's to choose? He is just an incredibly good- looking guy." A good- looking guy who's also quite devoted to his lady love. He proved that when he tattooed Kareena's name on his hand in the early days of their courtship. " That sort of sealed our relationship," says Kapoor. " It took us from one level to another." Koel, who had also interviewed Saif Ali Khan last year, writes in her blog: " Some time last year, Saif had sat on the couch and to cut a long boring story short, had taken offence to my questions about his marriage and children.
I respect his feelings or for that matter, anyone who deigns to sit on my couch, and would've happily retracted my line of questions had he so much as said: ' I'm not comfortable talking about this' or a ' no comment' or even asked me to cut ( after all, we weren't going live). But he answered all my queries extensively and happily ( or so it seemed at the time) and then a few hours later decided he was upset with my tone. I wish he would've just said so and we could have rectified the situation then and there. Instead it turned into a full- scale drama between his PR machinery and mine." Five minutes into her conversation with the " rosy Kapoor", Koel continues: " she made me so comfortable and easy that I felt I could ask her anything and I did." She adds: "[ Kareena is] so clear on who she is and how she wants the world to see her. It's like she has nothing to hide or is hiding it so well that it's irrelevant to the outside world. It's hard not to like her — she has transformed into this calm yogi exuding childlike energy. With her weight it seems she's shed her ego."
Reproduced From Mail Today. Copyright 2010. MTNPL. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment